Friday, April 23, 2010

you good for sex?


Today, as I was driving (fluctuating between about 10-30 mph) in traffic, on the 405, an older man in the car next to me asks me to roll down my window. After some hesitation, I do so, assuming something is wrong with my car, and he is a good samaritan. Boy was I wrong. Upon rolling down my window, we engage in a conversation, as follows:

Man: (imagine 40-50 year old Russian man, and accent) "Give me your number."
Me: (unsure of what I just heard) "What?"
Man: "Give me your number."
Me: (disgusted look on my face, realizing he probably isn't a good samaritan, but instead some weird old man) "Why do you need my number?"
Man: "You good for sex."

I immediately rolled up my window and cut in front of his car, in an attempt to end all conversation. I look in my rear view mirror and see him throw his hands up as if to say "Did I say something wrong?" This response posed a few questions in my mind:

1. Does he do this often?
2. What about my car made him think I would be down for sex with a stranger on the freeway?
3. Does he even realize what he is saying? (Like when people tell foreigners to say embarrassing things because they don't understand the language.)
and,
4. Does this work often enough that me speeding in front of him merits a confused reaction from him? Do women just jump out of their cars and onto him when he asks this question?


Needless to say, it was quite an interesting experience. I told my sister not to tell my mom, as it would evoke some sort of concern for me that is unnecessary. (But of course, I posted it on Facebook.) The above picture is her response. She's funny. My sister, not my mom. Although, they are both funny.

I hope this is the last time this happens, but we'll see. Maybe it'll be a new fad...


Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

No comments: